Crossword Clue & Answers
29 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Act', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Act a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Act as an answer itself some 552 times.
Act is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Saturday, 27 November 2021 with the answer being DEED, we also found DEED to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 27 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 10 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 13 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 30 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 6 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 5 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Mar 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 20 Feb 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Act', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Act' and give you a hint.
- Something that people do or cause to happen
- A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- A manifestation of insincerity; "he put on quite an act for her benefit"
- A short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
- A subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- Behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
- Perform on a stage or theater; "She acts in this play"; "He acted in `Julius Caesar'"; "I played in `A Christmas Carol'"
- Perform an action, or work out or perform (an action); "think before you act"; "We must move quickly"; "The governor should act on the new energy bill"; "The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel"
- Play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband's master"
- Pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind; "He acted the idiot"; "She plays deaf when the news are bad"
- Discharge one's duties; "She acts as the chair"; "In what capacity are you acting?"
- Be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- Have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected; "The voting process doesn't work as well as people thought"; "How does your idea work in practice?"; "This method doesn't work"; "The breaks of my new car act quickly"; "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water"
- Behave unnaturally or affectedly; "She's just acting"
- Be suitable for theatrical performance; "This scene acts well"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Act'.
- Cat Any of several large cats typically able to roar and living in the wild
Something that people do or cause to happen
Behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
Get (something) done; "I did my job"
An act passed by a legislative body
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Act . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.