Crossword Clue & Answers
2 December 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 19 answers for the crossword clue 'Thread', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Thread a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Thread as an answer itself some 132 times.
Thread is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Saturday, 11 December 2021 with the answer being NYLON, we also found NYLON to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 11 Dec 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 2 Sep 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 25 May 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 15 Jul 2020
- The Guardian Speedy - 11 Mar 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Thread', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Thread' and give you a hint.
- The raised helical rib going around a screw
- The connections that link the various parts of an event or argument together; "I couldn't follow his train of thought"; "he lost the thread of his argument"
- Any long object resembling a thin line; "a mere ribbon of land"; "the lighted ribbon of traffic"; "from the air the road was a grey thread"; "a thread of smoke climbed upward"
- Remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string; "She had her eyebrows threaded"
- Thread on or as if on a string; "string pearls on a string"; "the child drew glass beads on a string"; "thread dried cranberries"
- Pass a thread through; "thread a needle"
- Pass through or into; "thread tape"; "thread film"
- A fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- To move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
We found 3 anagrams for the word 'Thread'.
- dearth An insufficient quantity or number
- hatred The emotion of intense dislike; a feeling of dislike so strong that it demands action
A golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his hooking"
Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk; "that's a lot of wind"; "don't give me any of that jazz"
The act of giving an account describing incidents or a course of events; "his narration was hesitant"
A leatherlike material made by compressing layers of paper or cloth
A strong tightly twisted cotton thread (usually made of long-staple cotton)
A synthetic fabric
Form into a spiral shape; "The cord is all twisted"
Pattern of weaving or structure of a fabric
Fabric woven from cotton fibers
An insufficient quantity or number
Notion consisting of a narrow strip of fine material used for trimming
Line consisting of a complex of fibers or filaments that are twisted together to form a thread or a rope or a cable
Stringed instruments that are played with a bow; "the strings played superlatively well"
Be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage; "She cheats on her husband"; "Might her husband be wandering?"
An aimless amble on a winding course
A thin wire (usually tungsten) that is heated white hot by the passage of an electric current
The raised helical rib going around a screw
The connections that link the various parts of an event or argument together; "I couldn't follow his train of thought"; "he lost the thread of his argument"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Thread . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.