Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 13 answers for the crossword clue 'Standing', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Standing a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Standing as an answer itself some 88 times.
Standing is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Tuesday, 19 January 2021 with the answer being STATUS, but the most popular answer for this clue is REPUTE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 19 Jan 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 30 Jun 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 9 Jun 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 25 Dec 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Standing', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Standing' and give you a hint.
- The act of assuming or maintaining an erect upright position
- An ordered listing of scores or results showing the relative positions of competitors (individuals or teams) in a sporting event
- (of persons) on the feet; having the torso in an erect position supported by straight legs; "standing room only"
- Not created for a particular occasion; "a standing committee"
- Social or financial or professional status or reputation; "of equal standing"; "a member in good standing"
- (of fluids) not moving or flowing; "mosquitoes breed in standing water"
- Permanent; "a standing army"
- Having a supporting base; "a standing lamp"
- Executed in or initiated from a standing position; "race from a standing start"; "a standing jump"; "a standing ovation"
A piece of furniture holding one or more electric light bulbs
Relative status; "his salary was determined by his rank and seniority"
Construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
An abstract mental location; "he has a special place in my thoughts"; "a place in my heart"; "a political system with no place for the less prominent groups"
The state of being held in high esteem and honor
A state at a particular time; "a condition (or state) of disrepair"; "the current status of the arms negotiations"
(of a standing person) the distance from head to foot
A vertical structural member as a post or stake; "the ball sailed between the uprights"
A high standing achieved through success or influence or wealth etc.; "he wanted to achieve power and prestige"
Upright in position or posture; "an erect stature"; "erect flower stalks"; "for a dog, an erect tail indicates aggression"; "a column still vertical amid the ruins"; "he sat bolt upright"
The general estimation that the public has for a person; "he acquired a reputation as an actor before he started writing"; "he was a person of bad report"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Standing . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.