Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
14 January 2021
Last seen in: The Guardian Quick
We found 14 answers for the crossword clue 'Slot', the most recent of which was seen in the The Guardian Quick.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Slot a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Slot as an answer itself some 271 times.
Slot is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Guardian Quick' on Thursday, 14 January 2021 with the answer being NICHE, we also found NICHE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Slot', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Slot' and give you a hint.
- A small slit (as for inserting a coin or depositing mail); "he put a quarter in the slot"
- A slot machine that is used for gambling; "they spend hours and hours just playing the slots"
- (computer) a socket in a microcomputer that will accept a plug-in circuit board; "the PC had three slots for additional memory"
- A position in a grammatical linguistic construction in which a variety of alternative units are interchangeable; "he developed a version of slot grammar"
- A position in a hierarchy or organization; "Bob Dylan occupied the top slot for several weeks"; "she beat some tough competition for the number one slot"
- A time assigned on a schedule or agenda; "the TV program has a new time slot"; "an aircraft landing slot"
- The trail of an animal (especially a deer); "he followed the deer's slot over the soft turf to the edge of the trees"
- Assign a time slot; "slot a television program"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Slot'.
- lost People who are destined to die soon; "the agony of the doomed was in his voice"
- lots A large number or amount; "made lots of new friends"; "she amassed stacks of newspapers"
A large number or amount; "made lots of new friends"; "she amassed stacks of newspapers"
A long narrow opening
(ecology) the status of an organism within its environment and community (affecting its survival as a species)
Place at intervals; "Space the interviews so that you have some time between the different candidates"
A ceremony accompanying the start of some enterprise
An man-made opening; usually small
A point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to
A time assigned on a schedule or agenda; "the TV program has a new time slot"; "an aircraft landing slot"
A small compartment
Enlarged tip of a stem that bears the floral parts
A partitioned section, chamber, or separate room within a larger enclosed area
(computer) a socket in a microcomputer that will accept a plug-in circuit board; "the PC had three slots for additional memory"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Slot . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.