Crossword Clue & Answers
25 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Simple', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Simple a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Simple as an answer itself some 133 times.
Simple is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Tuesday, 09 November 2021 with the answer being MERE, but the most popular answer for this clue is EASY.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 9 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Nov 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 16 Jul 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Jul 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 13 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 8 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 22 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 29 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 3 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 16 Nov 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Simple', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Simple' and give you a hint.
- A person lacking intelligence or common sense
- Unornamented; "a simple country schoolhouse"; "her black dress--simple to austerity"
- Exhibiting childlike simplicity and credulity; "childlike trust"; "dewy-eyed innocence"; "listened in round-eyed wonder"
- Easy and not involved or complicated; "an elementary problem in statistics"; "elementary, my dear Watson"; "a simple game"; "found an uncomplicated solution to the problem"
- Apart from anything else; without additions or modifications; "only the bare facts"; "shocked by the mere idea"; "the simple passage of time was enough"; "the simple truth"
- Lacking mental capacity and subtlety
- (botany) of leaf shapes; of leaves having no divisions or subdivisions
- Any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
- Having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved; "a simple problem"; "simple mechanisms"; "a simple design"; "a simple substance"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Simple'.
Obtained with little effort or sacrifice, often obtained illegally; "easy money"
Being nothing more than specified; "a mere child"
Easy and not involved or complicated; "an elementary problem in statistics"; "elementary, my dear Watson"; "a simple game"; "found an uncomplicated solution to the problem"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Simple . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.