Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 28 answers for the crossword clue 'Remit', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Remit a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Remit as an answer itself some 250 times.
Remit is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Wednesday, 02 September 2020 with the answer being SEND, we also found SEND to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Remit', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Remit' and give you a hint.
- (law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
- The topic that a person, committee, or piece of research is expected to deal with or has authority to deal with; "they set up a group with a remit to suggest ways for strengthening family life"
- Release from (claims, debts, or taxes); "The taxes were remitted"
- Diminish or abate; "The pain finally remitted"
- Make slack as by lessening tension or firmness
- Forgive; "God will remit their sins"
- Refer (a matter or legal case) to another committee or authority or court for decision
- Send (money) in payment; "remit $25"
- Hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
We found 4 anagrams for the word 'Remit'.
- merit The quality of being deserving (e.g., deserving assistance); "there were many children whose deservingness he recognized and rewarded"
- miter Joint that forms a corner; usually both sides are bevelled at a 45-degree angle to form a 90-degree corner
- mitre Joint that forms a corner; usually both sides are bevelled at a 45-degree angle to form a 90-degree corner
- timer A timepiece that measures a time interval and signals its end
Dedicate; "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
Assign to a station
Make less active or intense
Yield to another's wish or opinion; "The government bowed to the military pressure"
Joint that forms a corner; usually both sides are bevelled at a 45-degree angle to form a 90-degree corner
Cause to feel relaxed; "A hot bath always relaxes me"
An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"; "a piano has a greater range than the human voice"; "the ambit of municipal legislation"; "within the compass of this article"; "within the scope of an investigation"; "outside the reach of the law"; "in the political orbit of a world power"
Arrange or enter in tabular form
A timepiece that measures a time interval and signals its end
A notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
Have as a guest; "I invited them to a restaurant"
A pretext for delay or inaction
The act of sending an accused person back into custody to await trial (or the continuation of the trial)
Place on a shelf; "shelve books"
Absolve from payment; "I forgive you your debt"
Communicate successfully; "I couldn't get across the message"; "He put over the idea very well"
An unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
Become slow or slower; "Production slowed"
The act of sending off something
Continue a term of office past the normal period of time
Hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
Adjourn by royal prerogative; without dissolving the legislative body
Terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
Refer (a matter or legal case) to another committee or authority or court for decision
Transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
Broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
The act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance
(law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Remit . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.