Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
3 September 2020 The Mirror Classic
We have 5 answers for the crossword clue Put down
. We last saw the 'Put down' clue in The Mirror Classic on Wednesday, 23 September 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Put down', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Put down' and give you a hint.
- Make a record of; set down in permanent form
- Leave or unload; "unload the cargo"; "drop off the passengers at the hotel"
- Put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
- Cause to come to the ground; "the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
- Put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- Put (an animal) to death; "The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"; "the sick cat had to be put down"
- Cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place; "set down your bags here"
- Reduce in worth or character, usually verbally; "She tends to put down younger women colleagues"; "His critics took him down after the lecture"
Put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
Set down according to a plan:"a carefully laid table with places set for four people"; "stones laid in a pattern"
Express strong disapproval of; "We condemn the racism in South Africa"; "These ideas were reprobated"
Reduce in worth or character, usually verbally; "She tends to put down younger women colleagues"; "His critics took him down after the lecture"
Conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a yawn"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Put down. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.