Crossword Clue & Answers
29 April 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Quick
We found 16 answers for the crossword clue 'Primitive', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Quick.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Primitive a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Primitive as an answer itself some 40 times.
Primitive is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Quick' on Friday, 04 June 2021 with the answer being NEANDERTHAL, we also found NEANDERTHAL to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Primitive', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Primitive' and give you a hint.
- A mathematical expression from which another expression is derived
- A person who belongs to an early stage of civilization
- Little evolved from or characteristic of an earlier ancestral type; "archaic forms of life"; "primitive mammals"; "the okapi is a short-necked primitive cousin of the giraffe"
- A word serving as the basis for inflected or derived forms; "`pick' is the primitive from which `picket' is derived"
- Used of preliterate or tribal or nonindustrial societies; "primitive societies"
- Belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness; "the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man"; "primitive movies of the 1890s"; "primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mountains"
- Of or created by one without formal training; simple or naive in style; "primitive art such as that by Grandma Moses is often colorful and striking"
Just preceding something else in time or order; "the previous owner"; "my old house was larger"
Belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness; "the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man"; "primitive movies of the 1890s"; "primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mountains"
A dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons
During an early stage; "early on in her career"
Not initiated; deficient in relevant experience; "it seemed a bizarre ceremony to uninitiated western eyes"; "he took part in the experiment as a naive subject"
A living organism characterized by voluntary movement
Serving as an essential component; "a cardinal rule"; "the central cause of the problem"; "an example that was fundamental to the argument"; "computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure"
Little evolved from or characteristic of an earlier ancestral type; "archaic forms of life"; "primitive mammals"; "the okapi is a short-necked primitive cousin of the giraffe"
(linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed; "thematic vowels are part of the stem"
(archeology) the earliest known period of human culture, characterized by the use of stone implements
So extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"
Extinct robust human of Middle Paleolithic in Europe and western Asia
Not fully developed in mature animals; "rudimentary wings"
A person who belongs to an early stage of civilization
Awkwardly simple and provincial; "bumpkinly country boys"; "rustic farmers"; "a hick town"; "the nightlife of Montmartre awed the unsophisticated tourists"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Primitive . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.