Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'Oratory', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Oratory a popularity rating of 'Common' because it has featured in a number crossword publications.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Oratory as an answer itself some 76 times.
Oratory is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Saturday, 17 October 2020 with the answer being RHET, but the most popular answer for this clue is RHETORIC.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 17 Oct 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 23 Aug 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 4 Aug 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 4 May 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 8 Feb 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 9 Dec 2018
- The Daily Mail Quick - 2 Sep 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Oratory', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Oratory' and give you a hint.
- Addressing an audience formally (usually a long and rhetorical address and often pompous); "he loved the sound of his own oratory"
Using language effectively to please or persuade
Powerful and effective language; "his eloquence attracted a large congregation"; "fluency in spoken and written English is essential"; "his oily smoothness concealed his guilt from the police"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Oratory . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.