Crossword Clue & Answers
11 April 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 14 answers for the crossword clue 'Ocean', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Ocean a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Ocean as an answer itself some 452 times.
Ocean is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Monday, 12 April 2021 with the answer being SEA, we also found SEA to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 9 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 26 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 23 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Mar 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 12 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 1 Feb 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 21 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 24 Dec 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Ocean', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Ocean' and give you a hint.
- Anything apparently limitless in quantity or volume
- A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Ocean'.
- canoe Travel by canoe; "canoe along the canal"
Anything apparently limitless in quantity or volume
A United States unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds
Literary term for an ocean; "denizens of the deep"
A principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
Turn sharply; change direction abruptly; "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
A strong solution of salt and water used for pickling
Any very large body of (salt) water
Travel by canoe; "canoe along the canal"
The act of swallowing; "one swallow of the liquid was enough"; "he took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips"
A steep descent of the water of a river
A waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow
The largest ocean in the world
The 2nd largest ocean; separates North and South America on the west from Europe and Africa on the east
Unusual largeness in size or extent or number
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Ocean . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.