Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
22 October 2020 The Guardian Quick
We have 5 answers for the crossword clue Now
. We last saw the 'Now' clue in The Guardian Quick on Wednesday, 07 October 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Now', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Now' and give you a hint.
- The momentary present; "Now is a good time to do it"; "it worked up to right now"
- Without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening; "he answered immediately"; "found an answer straightaway"; "an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"; "Come here now!"
- At the present moment; "goods now on sale"; "the now-aging dictator"; "they are now abroad"; "he is busy at present writing a new novel"; "it could happen any time now"
- (prefatory or transitional) indicates a change of subject or activity; "Now the next problem is..."
- In these times; "it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"- Nancy Mitford; "we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"; "today almost every home has television"
- Used to preface a command or reproof or request; "now hear this!"; "now pay attention"
- In the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events; "President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard"; "Washington now decides to cross the Delaware"; "the ship is now listing to port"
- In the immediate past; "told me just now"
We found 2 anagrams for the word 'Now'.
- Have ownership or possession of; "He owns three houses in Florida"; "How many cars does she have?"
- Not subject to defeat; "with that move it's a won game"
The present time or age; "the world of today"; "today we have computers"
At the present moment; "goods now on sale"; "the now-aging dictator"; "they are now abroad"; "he is busy at present writing a new novel"; "it could happen any time now"
At this time or period; now; "he is presently our ambassador to the United Nations"; "currently they live in Connecticut"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Now. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.