Crossword Clue & Answers
11 January 2021
Last seen in: The Daily Mail Quick
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Masticate', the most recent of which was seen in the The Daily Mail Quick.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Masticate a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Masticate as an answer itself some 17 times.
Masticate is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Daily Mail Quick' on Saturday, 16 January 2021 with the answer being CHEW, we also found CHEW to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Daily Mail Quick - 16 Jan 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 3 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 22 Sep 2020
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 20 Sep 2019
- The Guardian Quick - 3 May 2019
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 29 Jan 2019
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - 10 May 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Masticate', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Masticate' and give you a hint.
- Chew (food); to bite and grind with the teeth; "He jawed his bubble gum"; "Chew your food and don't swallow it!"; "The cows were masticating the grass"
- Grind and knead; "masticate rubber"
Holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object
Biting and grinding food in your mouth so it becomes soft enough to swallow
The act of gripping or chewing off with the teeth and jaws
Chew (food); to bite and grind with the teeth; "He jawed his bubble gum"; "Chew your food and don't swallow it!"; "The cows were masticating the grass"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Masticate . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.