Crossword Clue & Answers
7 June 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 6 answers for the crossword clue 'Madness', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Madness a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Madness as an answer itself some 76 times.
Madness is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Saturday, 12 June 2021 with the answer being LUNACY, but the most popular answer for this clue is MANIA.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 12 Jun 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 21 May 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 17 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 3 Feb 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 28 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 28 Nov 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Jul 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 14 Feb 2020
- The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest - 11 Apr 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Madness', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Madness' and give you a hint.
- Unrestrained excitement or enthusiasm; "poetry is a sort of divine madness"
- The quality of being rash and foolish; "trying to drive through a blizzard is the height of folly"; "adjusting to an insane society is total foolishness"
- A feeling of intense anger; "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"; "his face turned red with rage"
- Obsolete terms for legal insanity
- An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal); rabies is fatal if the virus reaches the brain
An interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
The trait of acting stupidly or rashly
An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action
State of violent mental agitation
Foolish or senseless behavior
Relatively permanent disorder of the mind
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Madness . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.