Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Leer', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Leer a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Leer as an answer itself some 297 times.
Leer is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Wednesday, 18 November 2020 with the answer being OGLE, we also found OGLE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 18 Nov 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 30 Aug 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 1 Nov 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Leer', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Leer' and give you a hint.
- A suggestive or sneering look or grin
- A facial expression of contempt or scorn; the upper lip curls
- Look suggestively or obliquely; look or gaze with a sly, immodest, or malign expression; "The men leered at the young women on the beach"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Leer'.
- reel An American country dance which starts with the couples facing each other in two lines
An awkward stupid person
To draw back the lips and reveal the teeth, in a smile, grimace, or snarl
Look at with amorous intentions
A facial expression of contempt or scorn; the upper lip curls
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Leer . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.