Crossword Clue & Answers
21 March 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'King', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given King a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen King as an answer itself some 207 times.
King is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Wednesday, 24 March 2021 with the answer being REX, but the most popular answer for this clue is ALA.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 22 Nov 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 11 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 19 May 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 4 Nov 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'King', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'King' and give you a hint.
- (chess) the weakest but the most important piece
- A very wealthy or powerful businessman; "an oil baron"
- A male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
- A competitor who holds a preeminent position
- Preeminence in a particular category or group or field; "the lion is the king of beasts"
- United States guitar player and singer of the blues (born in 1925)
- United States woman tennis player (born in 1943)
- One of the four playing cards in a deck bearing the picture of a king
- A checker that has been moved to the opponent's first row where it is promoted to a piece that is free to move either forward or backward
- United States charismatic civil rights leader and Baptist minister who campaigned against the segregation of Blacks (1929-1968)
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'King'.
A wing of an insect
A male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
The act of dragging (pulling with force); "the drag up the hill exhausted him"
Venomous Asiatic and African elapid snakes that can expand the skin of the neck into a hood
Large migratory American butterfly having deep orange wings with black and white markings; the larvae feed on milkweed
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for King . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.