Crossword Clue & Answers
25 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 13 answers for the crossword clue 'Incorrect', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Incorrect a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Incorrect as an answer itself some 25 times.
Incorrect is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Wednesday, 29 September 2021 with the answer being WRONG, we also found WRONG to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 29 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 7 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 23 Feb 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 1 Feb 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 15 Oct 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 30 Mar 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 29 Dec 2019
- The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest - 18 Aug 2019
- The Guardian Quick - 16 Jul 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Incorrect', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Incorrect' and give you a hint.
- Characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules; "he submitted a faulty report"; "an incorrect transcription"; the wrong side of the road"
- Not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth; "an incorrect calculation"; "the report in the paper is wrong"; "your information is wrong"; "the clock showed the wrong time"; "found themselves on the wrong road"; "based on the wrong assumptions"
- (of a word or expression) not agreeing with grammatical principles
- Not in accord with established usage or procedure; "the wrong medicine"; "the wrong way to shuck clams"; "it is incorrect for a policeman to accept gifts"
Presaging ill fortune; "ill omens"; "ill predictions"; "my words with inauspicious thunderings shook heaven"- P.B.Shelley; "a dead and ominous silence prevailed"; "a by-election at a time highly unpropitious for the Government"
Kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
In an imperfect or faulty way; "The lobe was imperfectly developed"; "Miss Bennet would not play at all amiss if she practiced more"- Jane Austen
Deliberately deceptive; "false pretenses"
Any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
Characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules; "he submitted a faulty report"; "an incorrect transcription"; the wrong side of the road"
Not according with the facts; "unfortunately the statement was simply untrue"
Having no legally established claim; "the wrongful heir to the throne"
Containing or characterized by error; "erroneous conclusions"
Intended to deceive; "deceitful advertising"; "fallacious testimony"; "smooth, shining, and deceitful as thin ice" - S.T.Coleridge; "a fraudulent scheme to escape paying taxes"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Incorrect . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.