Crossword Clue & Answers
7 August 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 2 answers for the crossword clue 'Hush', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Hush a popularity rating of 'Common' because it has featured in a number crossword publications.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Hush as an answer itself some 102 times.
Hush is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Wednesday, 11 August 2021 with the answer being QUIETEN, but the most popular answer for this clue is SILENCE.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Hush', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Hush' and give you a hint.
- (poetic) tranquil silence; "the still of the night"
- Become quiet or still; fall silent; "hush my baby!"
- Run water over the ground to erode (soil), revealing the underlying strata and valuable minerals
- Cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
- Wash by removing particles; "Wash ores"
- Become quiet or quieter; "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
Make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
A refusal to speak when expected; "his silence about my contribution was surprising"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Hush . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.