Crossword Clue & Answers
29 November 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 33 answers for the crossword clue 'Hide', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Hide a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Hide as an answer itself some 200 times.
Hide is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Friday, 26 November 2021 with the answer being LEATHER, but the most popular answer for this clue is CONCEAL.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 26 Nov 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 10 Nov 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 14 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 1 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 30 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 2 Jul 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 11 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 10 Jun 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 9 Apr 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 13 Mar 2021
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Hide', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Hide' and give you a hint.
- Body covering of a living animal
- Cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
- Prevent from being seen or discovered; "Muslim women hide their faces"; "hide the money"
- Be or go into hiding; keep out of sight, as for protection and safety; "Probably his horse would be close to where he was hiding"; "She is hiding out in a cabin in Montana"
- The dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal)
- Make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
Dense coat of fine silky hairs on mammals (e.g., cat or seal or weasel)
Place in the earth and cover with soil; "They buried the stolen goods"
The act of felling something (as a tree)
Be about; "The high school students like to loiter in the Central Square"; "Who is this man that is hanging around the department?"
Activity that tries to conceal something; "no mask could conceal his ignorance"; "they moved in under a mask of friendship"
Body covering of a living animal
A person's skin regarded as their life; "he tried to save his skin"
A garment that covers the head and face
(computer science) RAM memory that is set aside as a specialized buffer storage that is continually updated; used to optimize data transfers between system elements with different characteristics
A loose outer garment
A false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent); "her new name and passport are cover for her next assignment"
A secret store of valuables or money
A hole made by an animal, usually for shelter
A place of refuge and comfort and security
Score a hole in one
To try to avoid detection especially by police; "After we knock off that liquor store we'll have to lay low for a while"
A protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight; "they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet"
Burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
Make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
Prevent from being seen or discovered; "Muslim women hide their faces"; "hide the money"
A hiding place; usually a remote place used by outlaws
Whip with a leather strap
Reduce a vowel to a neutral one, such as a schwa
Keep away from others; "He sequestered himself in his study to write a book"
Generate and separate from cells or bodily fluids; "secrete digestive juices"; "release a hormone into the blood stream"
Leather from the hide of a deer
Fix firmly; "He ensconced himself in the chair"
Cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
A specious or deceptive clearing that attempts to gloss over failings and defects
The act of concealing the identity of something by modifying its appearance; "he is a master of disguise"
Reduced to nothingness
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Hide . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.