Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
17 September 2020 The Mirror Classic
We have 3 answers for the crossword clue Get up
. We last saw the 'Get up' clue in The Mirror Classic on Tuesday, 08 September 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Get up', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Get up' and give you a hint.
- Develop; "we worked up an as of an appetite"
- Study intensively, as before an exam; "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
- Get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
- Put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive; "She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"; "The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
- Rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
- Cause to rise; "The sergeant got us up at 2 A.M."
- Arrange by systematic planning and united effort; "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
- Raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
Rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
Move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
A defensive effort; "the army made a final stand at the Rhone"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Get up. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.