Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
12 September 2020 Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We have 3 answers for the crossword clue Flap
. We last saw the 'Flap' clue in Evening Standard Quick Crossword on Friday, 18 September 2020.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Flap', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Flap' and give you a hint.
- Any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge; hangs loose or projects freely; "he wrote on the flap of the envelope"
- A movable airfoil that is part of an aircraft wing; used to increase lift or drag
- A movable piece of tissue partly connected to the body
- The motion made by flapping up and down
- An excited state of agitation; "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
- Pronounce with a flap, of alveolar sounds
- Make a fuss; be agitated
- Move noisily; "flags flapped in the strong wind"
- Move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
- Move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
- Move with a flapping motion; "The bird's wings were flapping"
A rapid active commotion
A short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it; "pull the tab to open the can"; "files with a red tab will be stored separately"; "the collar has a tab with a button hole"; "the filing cards were organized by cards having indexed tabs"
The act of moving back and forth
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Flap. If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.
Sign In or Register to post a new answer.