Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: The Mirror Classic
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Failure', the most recent of which was seen in the The Mirror Classic.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Failure a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Failure as an answer itself some 57 times.
Failure is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Mirror Classic' on Friday, 25 December 2020 with the answer being LAPSE, we also found LAPSE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Mirror Classic - 25 Dec 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 3 Sep 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 2 Sep 2020
- The New York Times Mini - 2 May 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Failure', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Failure' and give you a hint.
- An act that fails; "his failure to pass the test"
- An unexpected omission; "he resented my failure to return his call"; "the mechanic's failure to check the brakes"
- An event that does not accomplish its intended purpose; "the surprise party was a complete failure"
- A person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
- Loss of ability to function normally; "kidney failure"
- Lack of success; "he felt that his entire life had been a failure"; "that year there was a crop failure"
- Inability to discharge all your debts as they come due; "the company had to declare bankruptcy"; "fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
An event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
The act of throwing yourself down; "he landed on the bed with a great flop"
A mistake resulting from inattention
A person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Failure . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.