Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
11 January 2021
Last seen in: The Guardian Quick
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Fail', the most recent of which was seen in the The Guardian Quick.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Fail a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Fail as an answer itself some 126 times.
Fail is a single word clue made up of 4 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Guardian Quick' on Thursday, 31 December 2020 with the answer being FALLTHROUGH, but the most popular answer for this clue is FLUNK.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Guardian Quick - 31 Dec 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 11 Nov 2017
- The Guardian Speedy - 2 Oct 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Fail', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Fail' and give you a hint.
- Stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
- Fall short in what is expected; "She failed in her obligations as a good daughter-in-law"; "We must not fail his obligation to the victims of the Holocaust"
- Fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"
- Become bankrupt or insolvent; fail financially and close; "The toy company went bankrupt after the competition hired cheap Mexican labor"; "A number of banks failed that year"
- Prove insufficient; "The water supply for the town failed after a long drought"
- Get worse; "Her health is declining"
- Disappoint, prove undependable to; abandon, forsake; "His sense of smell failed him this time"; "His strength finally failed him"; "His children failed him in the crisis"
- Judge unacceptable; "The teacher failed six students"
- Be unsuccessful; "Where do today's public schools fail?"; "The attempt to rescue the hostages failed miserably"
- Fail to do something; leave something undone; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"; "The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
- Be unable; "I fail to understand your motives"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Fail'.
A failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
Failure to reach a minimum required performance; "his failing the course led to his disqualification"; "he got two flunks on his report"
Fail utterly; collapse; "The project foundered"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Fail . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.