Crossword solutions & Synonyms for
19 January 2021
Last seen in: USA Today
We found 7 answers for the crossword clue 'Engrave', the most recent of which was seen in the USA Today.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Engrave a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Engrave as an answer itself some 74 times.
Engrave is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'USA Today' on Tuesday, 19 January 2021 with the answer being ETCH, we also found ETCH to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- USA Today - 19 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 15 Jan 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 2 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 1 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 21 Oct 2020
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 1 Oct 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 2 Sep 2020
- The Mirror Quick - 2 Aug 2020
- The Guardian Speedy - 10 May 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 11 Dec 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Engrave', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Engrave' and give you a hint.
- Carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
- Impress or affect deeply; "The event engraved itself into her memory"
- Carve or cut a design or letters into; "engrave the pen with the owner's name"
- Carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block; "engrave a letter"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Engrave'.
- avenger Someone who takes vengeance
Selectively dissolve the surface of (a semiconductor or printed circuit) with a solvent, laser, or stream of electrons
Cut to pieces; "Father carved the ham"
A place for the burial of a corpse (especially beneath the ground and marked by a tombstone); "he put flowers on his mother's grave"
Make an incision into by carving or cutting
Someone who takes vengeance
(golf) a handicap of zero strokes; "a golfer who plays at scratch should be able to achieve par on a course"
Write, engrave, or print as a lasting record
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Engrave . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.