Crossword Clue & Answers
25 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 12 answers for the crossword clue 'Drench', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Drench a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Drench as an answer itself some 60 times.
Drench is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Thursday, 14 October 2021 with the answer being DOUSE, we also found DOUSE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 14 Oct 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 9 Oct 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 2 Oct 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 10 Feb 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 26 Dec 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 11 Mar 2020
- The Guardian Speedy - 10 Nov 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 6 Sep 2017
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Drench', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Drench' and give you a hint.
- Cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
- Permeate or impregnate; "The war drenched the country in blood"
- Force to drink
- Drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged; "The tsunami swamped every boat in the harbor"
Place (flax, hemp, or jute) in liquid so as to promote loosening of the fibers from the woody tissue
A prescribed procedure to be followed routinely; "rote memorization has been the educator's standard operating procedure for centuries"
Washing something by allowing it to soak
Cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
Searching for underground water or minerals by using a dowsing rod
Kill by submerging in water; "He drowned the kittens"
The act of making something completely wet; "he gave it a good drenching"
Low land that is seasonally flooded; has more woody plants than a marsh and better drainage than a bog
The rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land; "plains fertilized by annual inundations"
Permeate or impregnate; "The war drenched the country in blood"
Cause (a chemical compound, vapour, solution, magnetic material) to unite with the greatest possible amount of another substance
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Drench . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.