Crossword Clue & Answers
30 November 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 13 answers for the crossword clue 'Degree', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Degree a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Degree as an answer itself some 133 times.
Degree is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Tuesday, 07 December 2021 with the answer being GRADE, we also found GRADE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Degree', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Degree' and give you a hint.
- A position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
- An award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study; "he earned his degree at Princeton summa cum laude"
- A unit of temperature on a specified scale; "the game was played in spite of the 40-degree temperature"
- A specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process; "a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences?"
- The seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime); "murder in the second degree"; "a second degree burn"
- The highest power of a term or variable
- A measure for arcs and angles; "there are 360 degrees in a circle"
A holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
The gradient of a slope or road or other surface; "the road had a steep grade"
A structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale; "what level is the office on?"
A contact in the distributor; as the rotor turns its projecting arm contacts them and current flows to the spark plugs
A flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
A section or portion of a journey or course; "then we embarked on the second stage of our Caribbean cruise"
The distance or area or volume over which something extends; "the vast extent of the desert"; "an orchard of considerable extent"
A document certifying the successful completion of a course of study
A measure for arcs and angles; "there are 360 degrees in a circle"
Relative importance; "a problem of the first magnitude"
The act of modifying or changing the strength of some idea; "his new position involves a qualification of his party's platform"
An award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study; "he earned his degree at Princeton summa cum laude"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Degree . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.