Crossword Clue & Answers
10 August 2022
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 10 answers for the crossword clue 'Cross', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Cross a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Cross as an answer itself some 244 times.
Cross is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Friday, 06 August 2021 with the answer being MONGREL, but the most popular answer for this clue is MEET.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 6 Aug 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 25 Feb 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 5 Dec 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 30 Oct 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 8 May 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 20 Feb 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 24 Nov 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 13 Sep 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 21 Jun 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 6 Jan 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Cross', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Cross' and give you a hint.
- (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species; "a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey"
- A representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified; used as an emblem of Christianity or in heraldry
- A marking that consists of lines that cross each other
- Any affliction that causes great suffering; "that is his cross to bear"; "he bears his afflictions like a crown of thorns"
- To cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
- A wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- Extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis; "cross members should be all steel"; "from the transverse hall the stairway ascends gracefully"; "transversal vibrations"; "transverse colon"
- Trace a line through or across; "cross your `t'"
- Fold so as to resemble a cross; "she crossed her legs"
- Hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- Breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey"; "Mendel tried crossbreeding"; "these species do not interbreed"
- Travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
- Meet and pass; "the trains crossed"
- Meet at a point
- Annoyed and irritable
A shallow area in a stream that can be forded
A meeting at which a number of athletic contests are held
An open skin infection
A structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
(genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species; "a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey"
An inferior dog or one of mixed breed
Meet at a point
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Cross . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.