Crossword Clue & Answers
27 April 2021
Last seen in: The Daily Mail Quick
We found 3 answers for the crossword clue 'Colonise', the most recent of which was seen in the The Daily Mail Quick.
This clue looks to be a standard clue as in it's a NON-CRYPTIC crossword based on the publications in which we have recently seen it.
We have given Colonise a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Colonise as an answer itself some 18 times.
Colonise is a single word clue made up of 8 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Daily Mail Quick' on Friday, 30 April 2021 with the answer being SETTLE, we also found SETTLE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Daily Mail Quick - 30 Apr 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 1 Sep 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 15 Jul 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 16 Jan 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 7 Oct 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 22 Aug 2019
- The Daily Mail Quick - 24 Sep 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Colonise', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Colonise' and give you a hint.
- Settle as colonists or establish a colony (in); "The British colonized the East Coast"
- Settle as a colony; of countries in the developing world; "Europeans colonized Africa in the 17th century"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Colonise'.
Become resolved, fixed, established, or quiet; "The roar settled to a thunder"; "The wind settled in the West"; "it is settling to rain"; "A cough settled in her chest"; "Her mood settled into lethargy"
Settle as colonists or establish a colony (in); "The British colonized the East Coast"
Fill with inhabitants; "populate the forest with deer and wild boar for hunting"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Colonise . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.