Crossword Clue & Answers
11 June 2021
Last seen in: The Guardian Quick
We found 12 answers for the crossword clue 'Bother', the most recent of which was seen in the The Guardian Quick.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Bother a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Bother as an answer itself some 120 times.
Bother is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Guardian Quick' on Friday, 11 June 2021 with the answer being NUISANCE, but the most popular answer for this clue is ANNOY.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Guardian Quick - 11 Jun 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 25 May 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 18 May 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 17 Apr 2021
- USA Today - 10 Apr 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 9 Apr 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 19 Mar 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 30 Jan 2021
- Irish Independent - Simple - 23 Sep 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 9 Jun 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Bother', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Bother' and give you a hint.
- Something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
- An angry disturbance; "he didn't want to make a fuss"; "they had labor trouble"; "a spot of bother"
- Cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- Make confused or perplexed or puzzled
- Make nervous or agitated; "The mere thought of her bothered him and made his heart beat faster"
- To cause inconvenience or discomfort to; "Sorry to trouble you, but..."
- Intrude or enter uninvited; "Don't bother the professor while she is grading term papers"
- Take the trouble to do something; concern oneself; "He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday"; "Don't bother, please"
A rapid active commotion
Irritate or vex; "It galls me that we lost the suit"
A rapid active commotion
Cause to be annoyed; "His behavior really miffed me"
Something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
A persistently annoying person
Cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
Become ground down or deteriorate; "Her confidence eroded"
An effort that is inconvenient; "I went to a lot of trouble"; "he won without any trouble"; "had difficulty walking"; "finished the test only with great difficulty"
A dangerous or distressing predicament; "his views on race got him into political hot water"
(law) a broad legal concept including anything that disturbs the reasonable use of your property or endangers life and health or is offensive
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Bother . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.