Crossword Clue & Answers
16 November 2021
Last seen in: The Sun Cryptic
We found 11 answers for the crossword clue 'Assignment', the most recent of which was seen in the The Sun Cryptic.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Assignment a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Assignment as an answer itself some 31 times.
Assignment is a single word clue made up of 10 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Sun Cryptic' on Monday, 15 November 2021 with the answer being TASK, we also found TASK to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Sun Cryptic - 15 Nov 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 5 Sep 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 4 Jul 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 6 Feb 2021
- USA Today - 7 Dec 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 9 Aug 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Assignment', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Assignment' and give you a hint.
- The act of putting a person into a non-elective position; "the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
- The act of distributing something to designated places or persons; "the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
- A duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces); "hazardous duty"
- The instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another
- An undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor)
- (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
United States female author who wrote a book and a syndicated newspaper column on etiquette (1872-1960)
A specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee; "estimates of the city's loss on that job ranged as high as a million dollars"; "the job of repairing the engine took several hours"; "the endless task of classifying the samples"; "the farmer's morning chores"
The act of providing a subsidy
A unit of instruction; "he took driving lessons"
The act of putting a person into a non-elective position; "the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
A special assignment that is given to a person or group; "a confidential mission to London"; "his charge was deliver a message"
The act of distributing something to designated places or persons; "the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
(law) the act of disposing of property by virtue of the power of appointment; "she allocated part of the trust to her church by appointment"
The act of designating or identifying something
A duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces); "hazardous duty"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Assignment . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.