Crossword Clue & Answers
14 July 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 4 answers for the crossword clue 'Ask', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Ask a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Ask as an answer itself some 304 times.
Ask is a single word clue made up of 3 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Friday, 23 July 2021 with the answer being INVITE, we also found INVITE to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 23 Jul 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 10 May 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 8 Dec 2019
- The New York Times Crossword - 17 Nov 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - 14 Oct 2016
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Ask', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Ask' and give you a hint.
- Consider obligatory; request and expect; "We require our secretary to be on time"; "Aren't we asking too much of these children?"; "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
- Require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
- Make a request or demand for something to somebody; "She asked him for a loan"
- Inquire about; "I asked about their special today"; "He had to ask directions several times"
- Direct or put; seek an answer to; "ask a question"
- Address a question to and expect an answer from; "Ask your teacher about trigonometry"; "The children asked me about their dead grandmother"
- Require or ask for as a price or condition; "He is asking $200 for the table"; "The kidnappers are asking a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage"
We found 1 anagrams for the word 'Ask'.
A deliberate pretense or exaggerated display
A colloquial expression for invitation; "he didn't get no invite to the party"
Conduct an inquiry or investigation of; "The district attorney's office investigated reports of possible irregularities"; "inquire into the disappearance of the rich old lady"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Ask . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.