Crossword Clue & Answers
2 April 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Quick Crossword
We found 19 answers for the crossword clue 'appear', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Quick Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given appear a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen appear as an answer itself some 183 times.
appear is a single word clue made up of 6 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Quick Crossword' on Thursday, 08 April 2021 with the answer being SEEM, we also found SEEM to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 8 Apr 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 21 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 12 Mar 2021
- The Mirror Classic - 2 Mar 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 3 Feb 2021
- The New York Times Crossword - 13 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 25 Dec 2020
- Evening Standard Quick Crossword - 24 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 8 Dec 2020
- The Mirror Classic - 16 Nov 2020
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'appear', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'appear' and give you a hint.
- Come into sight or view; "He suddenly appeared at the wedding"; "A new star appeared on the horizon"
- Come into being or existence, or appear on the scene; "Then the computer came along and changed our lives"; "Homo sapiens appeared millions of years ago"
- Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect; "She seems to be sleeping"; "This appears to be a very difficult problem"; "This project looks fishy"; "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time"
- Be issued or published; "Did your latest book appear yet?"; "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
- Seem to be true, probable, or apparent; "It seems that he is very gifted"; "It appears that the weather in California is very bad"
- Present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority; "He had to appear in court last month"; "She appeared on several charges of theft"
- Appear as a character on stage or appear in a play, etc.; "Gielgud appears briefly in this movie"; "She appeared in `Hamlet' on the London stage"
Something that people do or cause to happen
The thick white fluid containing spermatozoa that is ejaculated by the male genital tract
The feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
A textile machine for weaving yarn into a textile
Rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect; "She seems to be sleeping"; "This appears to be a very difficult problem"; "This project looks fishy"; "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time"
Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show"
A mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast
Appear suddenly or unexpectedly; "The farm popped into view as we turned the corner"; "He suddenly popped up out of nowhere"
Come out of; "Water issued from the hole in the wall"; "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
Be or become visible or noticeable; "His good upbringing really shows"; "The dirty side will show"
The lap consisting of a turned-back hem encircling the end of the sleeve or leg
Break out; "The tooth erupted and had to be extracted"
A device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
Share in something
Come into being or existence, or appear on the scene; "Then the computer came along and changed our lives"; "Homo sapiens appeared millions of years ago"
Come into being; become reality; "Her dream really materialized"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for appear . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.