Crossword Clue & Answers
11 May 2021
Last seen in: Evening Standard Easy Crossword
We found 10 answers for the crossword clue 'Accompany', the most recent of which was seen in the Evening Standard Easy Crossword.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Accompany a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Accompany as an answer itself some 25 times.
Accompany is a single word clue made up of 9 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Evening Standard Easy Crossword' on Friday, 14 May 2021 with the answer being ESCORT, we also found ESCORT to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 14 May 2021
- USA Today - 28 Apr 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 31 Jan 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 26 Dec 2020
- The Sun Cryptic - 3 Dec 2020
- The Guardian Quick - 21 May 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - 4 May 2019
- The Guardian Quick - 26 Jun 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Accompany', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Accompany' and give you a hint.
- Go or travel along with; "The nurse accompanied the old lady everywhere"
- Be a companion to somebody
- Perform an accompaniment to; "The orchestra could barely follow the frequent pitch changes of the soprano"
- Be present or associated with an event or entity; "French fries come with the hamburger"; "heart attacks are accompanied by distruction of heart tissue"; "fish usually goes with white wine"; "this kind of vein accompanies certain arteries"
The act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them
Travel along a certain course; "follow the road"; "follow the trail"
Go or occur together; "The word 'hot' tends to cooccur with 'cold'"
A unit of firefighters including their equipment; "a hook-and-ladder company"
Be part of; "This problem inheres in the design"
Be present or associated with an event or entity; "French fries come with the hamburger"; "heart attacks are accompanied by distruction of heart tissue"; "fish usually goes with white wine"; "this kind of vein accompanies certain arteries"
One paid to accompany or assist or live with another
Cooperate or pretend to cooperate; "He decided to play along with the burglars for the moment"
Be a companion to somebody
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Accompany . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.