Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: The Daily Mail Quick
We found 5 answers for the crossword clue 'Abyss', the most recent of which was seen in the The Daily Mail Quick.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given Abyss a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen Abyss as an answer itself some 149 times.
Abyss is a single word clue made up of 5 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'The Daily Mail Quick' on Wednesday, 01 September 2021 with the answer being CHASM, we also found CHASM to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- The Daily Mail Quick - 1 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 12 Jul 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 17 Jun 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 10 Jun 2021
- The Guardian Quick - 16 Apr 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 18 Mar 2021
- The Daily Mail Quick - 28 Nov 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - 26 Nov 2018
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'Abyss', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'Abyss' and give you a hint.
- A bottomless gulf or pit; any unfathomable (or apparently unfathomable) cavity or chasm or void extending below (often used figuratively)
An unbridgeable disparity (as from a failure of understanding); "he felt a gulf between himself and his former friends"; "there is a vast disconnect between public opinion and federal policy"
Take away the legal force of or render ineffective; "invalidate a contract"
A bottomless gulf or pit; any unfathomable (or apparently unfathomable) cavity or chasm or void extending below (often used figuratively)
A deep opening in the earth's surface
The attribute or quality of being deep, strong, or intense; "the depth of his breathing"; "the depth of his sighs," "the depth of his emotion"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for Abyss . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.