Crossword Clue & Answers
8 September 2021
Last seen in: Irish Independent - Simple
We found 17 answers for the crossword clue 'welcome', the most recent of which was seen in the Irish Independent - Simple.
We've seen this clue in both CRYPTIC and NON-CRYPTIC crossword publications.
We have given welcome a popularity rating of 'Very Common' because it has featured in a numerous crossword publications and has multiple answers.
As well as being a clue we've also seen welcome as an answer itself some 60 times.
welcome is a single word clue made up of 7 letters.
We most recently saw this clue in 'Irish Independent - Simple' on Monday, 13 September 2021 with the answer being GREET, we also found GREET to be the most popular answer for this clue.
We've seen this clue in the following publications:
- Irish Independent - Simple - 13 Sep 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 May 2021
- The Mirror Quick - 3 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - 24 Feb 2021
- The Sun Cryptic - 26 Sep 2020
- Irish Independent - Simple - 21 Apr 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - 17 Mar 2019
Definitions and usage
Before we get to our crossword answers for 'welcome', take a look at the definitions and example uses below, sometimes these help you think of different words or phrases that are common to 'welcome' and give you a hint.
- A greeting or reception; "the proposal got a warm welcome"
- The state of being welcome; "don't outstay your welcome"
- Bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
- Accept gladly; "I welcome your proposals"
- Giving pleasure or satisfaction or received with pleasure or freely granted; "a welcome relief"; "a welcome guest"; "made the children feel welcome"; "you are welcome to join us"
- Receive someone, as into one's house
Mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
Send greetings to
Tolerate or accommodate oneself to; "I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"; "I swallowed the insult"; "She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncrasies"
Greet in a friendly way; "I meet this men every day on my way to work and he salutes me"
Enthusiastic approval; "the book met with modest acclaim"; "he acknowledged the plaudits of the crowd"; "they gave him more eclat than he really deserved"
A close affectionate and protective acceptance; "his willing embrace of new ideas"; "in the bosom of the family"
Go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
Be a precursor of; "The fall of the Berlin Wall ushered in the post-Cold War period"
A warm welcome; may be insincere
(usually plural) an acknowledgment or expression of good will (especially on meeting)
(American football) the act of catching a pass in football; "the tight end made a great reception on the 20 yard line"
Adequate for the purpose; "the water was acceptable for drinking"
Contribute an answer
We do our best to have all the answers for welcome . If you have an answer not listed above please take a moment to contribute it to help others.